***

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day to day



The way I see it, if you want a rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
- Dolly Parton, singer (1946- )




Still no word from Germany re my blood test results but I am feeling less stressed about them. Generally I feel better in myself, more energetic and less pain so really it's pretty good. I will have another test next week and see if there is some improvement. That is all I need really to see it improve even if it is still not ideal. Been checking Tony's blog (a fellow patient at the German clinic in May). He is back in Germany and having a very difficult time, makes my dilemma seem a bit minor.
Went for a lovely walk yesterday morning with Paula and Glen, the weather was pretty mild, around 90 degrees F I think and cloudy, so pleasant for walking. We had a bit of a slow start as the dogs escaped from the house and were running rampant through the wash. A bit of a worry as Kona is recovering from cruciate surgery and needs to take it easy and Mack has not been snake trained yet so is in danger of getting too interested in a rattle snake. Roxy was ok but was leading Mack astray. Managed to get them all back inside without any major problems. We think Mack has learned to open the back door in the kitchen. The fence will be going up over the next couple of weeks with snake proof border so that should allow the dogs more space without the danger.
This morning went to Taliesen West (Frank Lloyd Wright's house) where we dropped Glen off for a one and a half hour tour while Paula and I went to look for kitchen splash back tiles. Ended up going to REI, a favourite shop, and I managed to buy another couple of clothing items that actually fit. Am now pretty well set in the clothing department. Just need a pair of jeans.
There are big storm clouds building over the mountains but looks like we will miss out on the rain again.
Watched the second last leg of the Tour de France this morning on computer, so that was a bit of fun. Just reading and relaxing the rest of the time. Life is good.

Survive and thrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment