***

Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring & Clinic Treatments





 

 

Hope is like a bird 
that senses the dawn 
and carefully starts to sing 
while it is still dark.
 
    ~ Anonymous







It is Sunday and although I don't think I am upto managing a whole blog entry I thought I would make a start.  I am very tired today and having a bit of nausea on and off, spent most of the morning infusion dozing.  Just to give an idea of what I get I will give a list for what I have had today.  A bit less than usual.  Started off with an iv injection of Viromax which has shown up in some immune tests to be effective for me to boost natural killer cells.  Then onto the infusions: pantazol (for stomach), hepamerz (for liver), magnesium, vitamin C, selenium,  zinc, glutathion and alpha lipoic acid. Tablets are quercetin and immune-plus. Yesterday I also had two lots of vit B infusions.  If I am badly nauseous I will also have an infusion of Zofran with dexamethasone.  Then I have had an intramuscular injection of artesiane which I have twice weekly and then every few days I also have an infusion of fish oil.  So you can see why I am in the clinic for so many hours.  Some infusions, such as hepamerz and magnesium have to be given slowly or they make me sick.  Others can be infused a little faster.  The amounts also vary.  some are only in 100 mils of fluids, most in 250ml and some in 500ml or 1L.





It is now Monday and the sun is still shining after a thunderstorm late yesterday.  Felt a lot better by about 2 pm and finished the infusions nice and early so took a different route home and went through the centre of Hallwangen.  There are some lovely old buildings in the typical German style.  It is quite a small village with paddocks still undeveloped. There are not very many really old buildings.  Often in the the German towns and villages there is a nice historic 'Rathaus' or council building but the one here is not that old.  Still the village has quite a nice feel and the being Sunday the church bells were adding to the pleasant atmosphere.  With the warmer weather the flowering trees are becoming quite spectacular and there are even  more sunny bright dandelion flowers  in the fields.




We found some more horses at a beautiful old farmhouse.  One of them was a young Clydesdale which was being very frisky.  Lots of fun to watch.  The way back to our apartment was uphill and the horses were on the way up and there was a bench to rest on.  The sun was shining, the birds singing and busy and the flowers blooming, bees buzzing.  Pretty wonderful really.  Back at the apartment had a lie down and did some reading in the sunny loungeroom with a cup of herbal tea.

Today started off quite well but had a bit of a struggle walking up the hill.  Seems to vary from day to day but I feel inspired to get a bit fitter to be able to enjoy both some free time here and the holiday to come after finishing at the clinic.  Also it will improve circulation and my immune system.  Good for the spirit as well to be outside enjoying Spring.

Surviving and Thriving.
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment