***

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chemo Reactions



Though no-one can go back
and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now

and make a brand new end.

~ Author Unknown ~



Yesterday didn't turn out as well as hoped. Got severely nauseous about an hour after drinking the prescribed fermented soy drink. Have had problems with this before but we thought it was worth another try at one third of the dose. Not so. Couldn't eat lunch and had to go to bed. I also had some swelling and pain in my liver from the chemotherapy on Thursday that the cortisone was not quite controlling. Also severely constipated from the pain relief meds given for the liver procedure. This precludecd any anti nausea medication as that would have made it worse. I already felt like I needed a ceasarian so didn't want further aggravation. Felt a bit better later in the evening and managed to eat some soup. Passed a brick like structure just before going to sleep. What a relief! The ups and downs of cancer treatment.

Dr Jacob didn't have time to go over the MRI's with me today so hopefully tomorrow. Probably won't have anything definitive on the PET scans until end of the week. It's a waiting game.

Dr Fluhrer will be at the clinic tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing him. He referred me to the clinic and I had been a patient of his in Sydney for some months. he taught me to do the intravenous vitamin C injections and Ukrain. am sure this, together with diet and juices, kept the cancer in check last year and early this year. He is in Stuttgart at the moment looking at the new clinic which will open the middle of next month in the Schwarzwald.

Rumour has it Dr Fluhrer will start a clinic in Sydney along similar lines. Don't know to what extent he will be able to do the treatments as I think the government regulations in Australia preclude some of the procedures. Would be good if I could do most things there. Will still need to come to Germany for my vaccines as they have to be made up here. It will be a minimum of 10 days stay as it takes that long to make up the vaccines once they have some of my blood. Looks like a three monthly visit at this stage. I think i will be back in Germany in January.

Weather is holding up, very cloudy today but no rain and intermittent sun, also temperature quite pleasant. Hopefully will get a bit of a walk in this evening. we are thinking of going to a little bistro down the road on the way to the lake to try their soup. Can combine it with a walk. We are finding it hard not having cooking facilities or a fridge, will be glad when we change to the apartment at the end of the week.

surviving and thriving
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment