***

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cancer Marker CA15-3


If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

Chinese Proverd


Shocker of a day yesterday, severe nausea when I woke up, didn't improve till the evening when I managed a bit of tomato soup. So back on the chemo weight loss program.
Actually better this morning but have deteriorated a bit with the drips today. Still on a drip now but nearly finished for the day.

News is that my cancer markers are way down.
The CA15-3 which is a marker for breast cancer was over 80 when I first got diagnosed. It came down to 47 but then went back up to over 50. Now it is down to 25 so that is excellent as it is an indication of active cancer. Certainly good progress.

White cell count dropped down from 6 to 3 but is now back up to 5. Was taken before the chemo yesterday so I expect it to come down again a bit. It seems to be bouncing back better and faster than in June.

Planning a trip up the mountain with a cable car this afternooon so hopefully I will be well enough.

Surviving and thriving

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment