***

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

PET Scan Results




Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed.
Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

Denis Waitley


Fantastic news yesterday regarding PET scan results. Didn't think I would get any results till today as Dr Jacob was away getting final Health Dept inspection at the new clinic site south of Stuttgart. I asked Dr Fluhrer if he knew anything and he phoned Dr Horr and found out that there are no active lesions anywhere except 3 in the bones around the pelvic area. This is amazing. I had 15 active tumours to start with - 7 in the bones, 3 in the breasts (surgically removed with double mastectomy), one lymph node, and 4 in the liver. So in just over 3 months of treatment I have got almost no cancer. As the other bony tumours have disappeared there is no reason to suspect that the ones left won't go as well. I have also had 2 weeks of treatment since the PET scan was done. Dr Jacob is going to ring Dr Horr just to confirm but it is looking pretty good. The general plan now is to get rid of the rest of the tumours and then make sure nothing comes back.
Dr Jacob and Dr Fluhrer are going to work out a 3 month plan. In summary I will have a scan in January and all will be reassesed but at this stage the plan is to come back to Germany in January 2010 for another vaccine and probably and antibody injection to knock out any stem cells. I have had a vaccine today andmay still have an antibody injection as well this week before we leave. I will know more detail tomorrow when the plan has been nutted out.
Last night we went out with Susan and Curtis to celebrate at the Seegarten Restaurant on the lake. We had a lovely time. Dr Jacob is talking about a party on the weekend to celebrate the success of my treatment.
My cousin Joke is arriving from Holland today for a few days so that will be nice. Hopefully will finish on time at the clinic to meet her at the Gmund railway station but never quite sure what time I will finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment