***

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Goodbye Arizona






"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

~ Abraham Lincoln










Back in Sydney for a couple of days now, recovering slowly from jet lag. Was a wrench leaving my sister, Paula, but then I got to see my other sister, Yvonne. Paula and Jonathan were truly amazing in opening their home to us. They had literally only just moved in about a week before and then had us staying for a month in July and then two months September and October. It was lovely, very relaxing and a good time for recuperation. We know we will be back there, hopefully for a holiday rather than a recuperation! The last few days we had a few rides on the quads down to the barn to see the horses.

Sydney weather has been a bit of a shock with cold and rain...brrrrrr. Today it warmed up a bit and was nice and sunny for a few hours.

Went to Liverpool hospital this morning for a PET scan. Was a bit anxious, still am, regarding the results. I am really hoping for a clear scan. Won't get the report till the radiologists have had a look and written their report. I have had a look at the printed pics but am not experienced enough in reading them to be sure of the results. I have left a message with my referring doctor to send me a copy of the report as soon as he gets it so I am hoping to get something tomorrow. I have an appointment on the 2nd of November but don't want to wait that long. Also I want some time to think about what questions I will want to ask at the appointment and that will depend on the results. Certainly will be looking at a treatment plan of some sort to go ahead with till we go back to Germany in January. Again I have to be the patient patient.

Great being with the dogs again. They are being very cuddly which I am really enjoying. My energy levels are definitely on the improve. Managed to clip Pip, the littlest dog, who was looking like a floor mop that had had an electric shock. She looks much better now. Then I cleaned out the garden shed. Very satisfying. Had to have a little rest on the lounge on the front veranda by the end of that but that was a lot more work than I have been able to do for a long time. Progress on that level regardless of what the PET scan reads.




Thriving and surviving.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment