***

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Impatient Patient

Inch by inch, life's a cinch.
Yard by yard life is hard.
~Unknown


Courage is the door
that can only be opened

from the inside
~Terry Neil




Test results finally did come in. Not much change, unfortunately. The little buggers (cancer cells) are still quite aggressive and wanting to grow into tumours. At least there are not as many of them trying to do it. So, back on Thalidomide and continue with twice weekly infusions of vitamin C, chelation and glutathion. As well, the Artesiane (anti malaria drug) is still showing up as effective so that goes into muscle twice a week. Then I will continue immune booster injections twice a week as well as the 77 tablets daily.

I had a bad reaction to my infusion last Tuesday. That was a lesson for being a patient patient. I tried to increase the speed of the infusion so as to give me some time off in the afternoon. Not a good idea. The result was three hours of severe shivering and shaking and not being able to get warm, despite going to bed fully clothed with two heated wheat bags, electric blanket on high and the air conditioning turned up to 28 degrees C. Terrible headache and feeling generally horrible. It is more than a week later and I am only just starting to feel better. On Friday I felt too sick to do my second infusion for the week and instead waited till this Tuesday. If I have had a reaction I always feel some trepidation at the next infusion. I did it nice and slow so it all went well, just the usual slightly off colour feeling in the afternoon.

The good news is I don't have to go to Germany in July. Yipeee!!! Instead we are thinking of having a little holiday somewhere warm and healthy preferably with some snorkeling and/or beautiful natural surroundings.

Last weekend we did go to the Blue Mountains just west of Sydney. The weather was stunning and I managed a lovely bush walk along the escarpment opposite Mount Solitary and the Three Sisters. Stunning views, lots of birds, a few hills and the gorgeous Australian bush. There were some beautiful autumn colours as well. Hopefully I will keep building on this and look forward to many more bush walks, one of my most favourite past times. Been too sick this last week to walk the dogs in the bush and now the weather has turned rather nasty. Like everything else, that too will change.

Surviving and thriving
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Linda, we (Ellen & Ken) follow your unexpected journeys and wish you the best. Pip, Kia & Nef look great. We have made it around the other side of the planet (from Philly to east Canada, then through Maine, NH, VT, MA, back to upstate NY, return to Philly this week, then DC & MD for a month or so). No immediate plans to return to Oz until a few years. Met an offline follower of your site that had wonderful things to say of you (I think you are getting somewhat famous for this). Keep the faith! Ken & Ellen.

    ReplyDelete